Some loyalties go on and on. If you have a faithful, beautiful, timeless, designer or knock-about black leather jacket that needs some love, here’s a step-by-step guide to restoring it. Banish scuffs, marks, fading and general surface wear and give your favourite leather jacket a new lease on life.
Black Jacket Reviver (No.18)
This intense potion is a black restoring cream that coats leather with colour and finish. It boosts faded blacks, covers minor scratches and scuffs and leaves a protective coating. Easy to apply, fast-drying, sheer or nearly complete coverage, it’s ideal for replenishing and reintensifying your black leather apparel and accessories. Use it on your black leather jacket and handbags.
UV fading has bleached the colour from this jacket
“Thanks heaps – I love this jacket but have been annoyed at the fading for years…Really appreciate such a great product :)”
Clean & Prepare the surface
- Apply additional coats as needed. One coat gives a sheer makeover, several coats give a complete colour refresh
- Clean up any metal parts using a cloth and the cleaner
- When dry, buff lightly using a microfibre cloth
- Allow 48 hours before conditioning the leather
“Wow – I have just used the repair kit to restore a much loved leather jacket. So quick, easy and I am amazed at how the jacket looks like new. Could not be happier with the product”
- Tape up the edge of the lining and metal parts with masking tape to avoid over-painting
- Protect the workspace because Black Jacket Reviver (No.18) carries a potent colour punch
Not Just Jackets
Jackets, handbags, footwear, belts and pretty much any black leather or vinyl accessories can be given a colour boost using Black Jacket Reviver (No.18.